Kohl’s is facing a class action lawsuit alleging that the retailer misled consumers with false advertising. The lawsuit, filed in September 2022, claims that Kohl’s regularly inflates original prices and then offers discounts on those prices, giving consumers the impression that they are getting a good deal when they are not.
The lawsuit specifically alleges that Kohl’s:
- Falsely advertises original prices by marking up items before they are ever sold at full price.
- Offers discounts on inflated original prices, deceiving consumers into thinking they are getting a better deal than they actually are.
- Uses misleading language in its advertising, such as “sale” and “clearance,” to imply that prices are lower than they actually are.
The lawsuit is seeking unspecified damages on behalf of all consumers who have purchased items from Kohl’s at inflated prices.
The Kohl’s ad lawsuit is still ongoing, and it ias unclear how it will be resolved. However, the lawsuit raises important questions about the retail industry’s pricing practices and whether consumers are being misled by false advertising.
What is a class action lawsuit?
A class action lawsuit is a type of legal proceeding in which a group of people with similar claims join together to sue a defendant. This type of lawsuit can be used to streamline the legal process and make it more efficient for plaintiffs to pursue their claims.
Who is eligible to participate in the Kohl’s ad lawsuit?
Any consumer who has purchased items from Kohl’s at inflated prices may be eligible to participate in the lawsuit.
What damages can I recover in the Kohl’s ad lawsuit?
The lawsuit is seeking unspecified damages on behalf of all consumers who have purchased items from Kohl’s at inflated prices. Damages may include the difference between the actual price of the item and the inflated price, as well as other costs such as attorney’s fees and court costs.
How do I join the Kohl’s ad lawsuit?
If you believe that you are eligible to participate in the Kohl’s ad lawsuit, you should contact an attorney who is handling the case.
What is the status of the Kohl’s ad lawsuit?
The Kohl’s ad lawsuit is still ongoing. The court is currently in the process of deciding whether to certify the case as a class action.
Is there anything I can do to protect myself from being misled by false advertising?
There are a few things you can do to protect yourself from being misled by false advertising:
Be skeptical of discounts and sales. If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Do your research before you buy something. Compare prices from different retailers to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Read the fine print. Advertising often contains hidden restrictions and limitations. Be sure to read the fine print carefully before you make a purchase.
If you believe that you have been misled by false advertising, you should contact the retailer or manufacturer directly. You may also want to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.
- Kohl’s Sued for False Advertisement: https://hilbgroupfl.com/kohls-sued-false-advertisement/
- KOHL’S ALERT: Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. Announces that a Class Action Lawsuit Has Been Filed Against Kohl’s Corporation and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220906006137/en/KOHL%E2%80%99S-ALERT-Bragar-Eagel-Squire-P.C.-Announces-that-a-Class-Action-Lawsuit-Has-Been-Filed-Against-Kohl%E2%80%99s-Corporation-and-Encourages-Investors-to-Contact-the-Firm